Article ID: Q700004
The information in this article applies to:
- Direct I/O, version 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3,
Sometimes is is necessary to change the startup mode of the driver. But in
Windows 2000 the place to control a driver is very well hidden
from the normal users eyes. This article gives the detailed steps to perform this task.
Follow the steps given below to change the startup mode of
- Assure you have sufficient rights to change a drivers startup permissions.
- Open the Control Panel element System.
- Select tab Hardware.
- Click button Device Manager... to open the Device Manager
- Enable the display of hidden devices by checking the menu item View->Show
- Expand the group Non-Plug and Play Drivers.
- Double-click the item
- Select tab Driver.
- Change the startup mode in the field Type: and close dialog.