Article ID: Q700006
The information in this article applies to:
- Direct I/O, version 4.2, 4.3,
In Windows 2000 and
Windows XP the parallel port driver by default doesn't
allocate an interrupt. Nevertheless the driver can be configured to use a predefined
interrupt. This article gives the detailed steps to perform this task.
Follow the steps given below to assign an interrupt to the parallel port:
- Assure you have sufficient rights to change the drivers configuration.
- Open the Control Panel element System.
- Select tab Hardware.
- Click button Device Manager... to open the Device Manager
- Expand the group Ports (COM & LPT).
- Double-click the desired LPT port.
- Select tab Port Settings.
- Change the Filter Resource Method to Use any interrupt assigned to the port
and close all dialogs.
- You may have to restart your system depending on the Configuration Managers choice.